Saturday, July 4, 2009

its the 4th of July weekend... yes!! some time off

Well I finally took a "day before a Holiday "off. I normally work the "day before" because I see lot of New clients that "can not find the time" to get a Massage during the year. This time I said "no" I will take time for myself and My Family, I deserve a Long holiday weekend like everyone else.

It all started on Thursday afternoon with a nice 60 minute run at Green Valley ,my Heart rate did not spike fast at all, I felt good, best part was when 3 horses and their riders came up behind me they where in a nice chanter it was all good...

On Friday morning I had planned a 3 hour ride on my 90 min course, but I slept in so I just did 2.5 hours. I divided up my Training ride into to sections: drills, left leg 1 min, right 1min, both 1min recovery for 1o minutes then repeat 3 times followed by fast spin. The next section is hard effort 90 % Heart rate 5 minutes , easy spin, repeat 5 times, all in big chain ring. Now for my favorite part hills repeats, I know where in Illinois are there hills.. okay Bridge workouts. My bridge of choice is on ferry road in Warrenville going towards Eola road, it is long enough with a steady climb to get my Heart rate up , repeat 6 times.

After all that ... I just got into a groove and in the aero bars and held 80% heart rate for the rest of the ride that bought me through Batavia, and Fermi lab, and was able to ride the 2 loops around the atom smasher... I spent most of the ride in Fermi.. all in all It was a good Training day for me.

I am looking at a race in August in Waconda Il,it is a tri along with a Aqua/bike.. I like that idea because it is just Swim, bike ... no run .....


Later in the morning Star and I went over to her Moms house and I steamed cleaned the carpets for her, then we took her out to lunch. My Mother in law is a great Mother in law. I do appreciate her.

I have not played chest in a long time, forgot why.. oh yeah it takes paitients and skill...
so my Start and I went to Oberwise dairy and got some Ice cream and they have tables set up with chest board on them.... yup we played....yup I lost Star is one smart player ..she out skilled me ... you know you are ageing up when a fun night is Ice cream and a chest game...
it used to be dancing and partying..oh where has the time gone...

Today is the 4th.. today is a grill out with friends later.. Today is a chill out day.. after morning chores .. I think I live on a farm.. thats okay by me......

No comments:

Post a Comment