Sunday, November 8, 2009

The rest of the story.......

Now for the rest of the story as Paul Harvey used to say...
In my last blog I was telling how I signed up for Ironman Wisconsin 2010. Well this is how it went..
For me Ironman Wisconsin is a emotional event. Let me explain... ( director please roll flash back to 2006 Ironman Mo). I was prepared really well ..emotions where there.. my mind set was ready. It was cold 50 degrees and raining.

The cannon went off.. 2400 people all start the swim...then it hit... the feeling of not going any where.. why.. what the hell is going on was running through my head. I was having a tough time with the what I thought was a rough water swim. The swells where knocking me all over the place. One thing I did not prepare well for was rough water swimming. My day was done my mind game had won. They pulled me from the water...( ok mr. Director cut to Sept 2009)

I got to my Office at The School of Holistic Massage and Reflexology the Monday after IMwis 2009. It was about 1230pm and I went on line to see if entry into the race was full yet. So I went thru the application form thinking when I hit accept the Race would be full as in the year before.
I hit the button to accept... waited.... then a message came up That I was not expecting.. YOU have been succesfully been entered.. I remember saying out Load" Holy Shit". That is not what I really wanted to read. I know my Students heard me... Now I going to have to talk with Star..

That night I took her out to a Real nice dinner. I had started the conversation like this: "Honey have you ever bought anything on Inpluse?"( ok If I spelled the word wrong let me know) . She started to tell me of some of those purchases. Then she looked at me and said "Ok what did you do"

She was mad not because I signed up.. she understand that I have need to complete the course. we had just talked about it weeks before.. She was upset that I did not communicate with her before hand that I was going to try to see if I could get in...

I did however the next day call and tried to get out, I thought that there was a 24 hour time frame to get your monies back... No way you only get some monies back... so as my Sweet heart said to me that day...." Guess you are doing it" Guess I am. Going to bring my Buddy Tom Swatek with me.... That is another Blog.. stay tuned..

No comments:

Post a Comment